Dear Colleagues: Please share with your students. Thank you!
Apply for the McNair Fellows Program!
Due date: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, by 4PM
Are you a current freshman or sophomore who is interested in learning how to become involved with undergraduate research in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)?
Do you want to learn more about furthering your education with a Ph.D. degree?
The McNair Fellows Program will help you transform into an undergraduate researcher and build your foundation towards a STEM graduate degree!
Program details: May 11 – 22, 2015 @ UConn-Storrs
- Eligibility: UConn undergraduates must be low-income, first-generation college students and/or self-identify as an underrepresented race or ethnicity in STEM graduate degree programs.
- Contact Dr. Renée at email@example.com for the application and further inquiries.
- On-campus housing and a meal plan are included!
Students will gain hands-on shadowing experience while learning about:
- STEM Ph.D. career avenues
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- The more research-intensive McNair Scholars Program
More info can be found on the Center for Academic Programs' McNair Scholars Program homepage about becoming a McNair Fellow: http://www.cap.uconn.edu/msp/about.html
For more information, contact: Renee Gilberti, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org