Bursar's Office Client Services Center Supervisor (Administrative Program Support 4)
Search #: 497045
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
Reporting to the Associate Bursar, is responsible for supervising the operations of the Client Service Center (CSC). Serves as the Office of the Bursar’s main point of contact for marketing and informational/orientation materials and is responsible for organizing all training activities and outreach events occurring at the Storrs and regional campuses.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Leads professional and non-professional staff, as assigned; provides daily direction, training, and supervision of work activities, projects and workflow; addresses employee performance issues and completes annual employee evaluations.
- Serves as the point person for managing and troubleshooting issues related to payment plans and communications from UConn’s third-party payment processor.
- Resolves any escalated customer service issues with students, parents, and other University constituents.
- Tracks and monitors student collection activity for trends.
- Coordinates all communication from the Office of the Bursar, including but not limited to, modifying and managing website content, overseeing all social media content, delivering mass communications to students and authorized users, managing the live-chat database, and coordinating all regional campus quarterly meetings and communication.
- Administers the Customer Service Center Survey to understand customer views of issues and measure staff performance; provides recommendations to supervisor and implements changes for improvements as authorized.
- Coordinates all Office of the Bursar outreach to students and parents for Orientation and other University programs. These events include but are not limited to Summer and Winter Orientation presentations, Financial Literacy presentations, Husky for a Day presentations, and in-service trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 4 - 5 years of related experience
- 2 - 3 years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience in a call center or similar customer service-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve escalated concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the public, University community, and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and decision-making abilities.
- Prior experience leading projects and/or giving presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with collections, accounts receivable, or accounting functions.
- Knowledge of Kuali Financial Systems and PeopleSoft.
- Previous experience in a university or college setting.
This is a permanent full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497045 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on December 13, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 22 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 13 2022 Eastern Standard Time
For more information, contact: Hayley Willis at 860-486-1676