Temporary University Specialist
The UConn Stamford Admissions Office is seeking a Temporary University Specialist to support Visitation initiatives in the Admissions Office. The incumbent will report to the Admissions Officer. The position will be based on the Stamford Campus; evening and weekend hours will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules appointments for the Admissions Officer
- Evaluates tour survey data and event data to see trends, areas of strength, and improvement
- Assists families and students with scheduling campus tours
- Checks and confirms students’ application status and missing materials
Campus Tour Guide Program:
- Hires and provides on-going training for Tour Guides including on campus and residence hall tours as well as phone calling
- Assists with supervising and evaluating Tour Guides
- Confirms scheduled tours and reaches out to no-shows
Coordination of Recruitment and Yield Events:
- Provides support for major campus events including open houses, student panels, shadow day programs, and more
- Coordinates the group visit program for high schools and community-based organizations
- Conducts one-on-one meetings with prospective or admitted students to answer specific questions
- Assists with the evening and weekend Tour Program, providing 30-minute presentations, and organizing the visit from start to finish
- Contacts prospective students to invite them to campus, ask students who have visited for feedback or to connect with students
- Refers families and students on campus or over the phone to the correct department
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource to campus visitors, including the general public and prospective students/guests
- Keeps informed and current regarding admissions policies, procedures, and events
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of administrative experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Willingness and the ability to work nights and weekends to support Admissions events and initiatives
- Interest in working with high school and college students
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously when necessary
- Prior experience in a higher education academic setting
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and execute events.
- Experience presenting in front of large audiences.
- Knowledge of the Admissions and recruitment cycle
This is a temporary, part-time position based on the Stamford campus, with the possibility of extension dependent upon needs and available funding. This position will be 25-30 hours per week, evening and weekend hours will be required. Salary rate will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a) a resume, b) a letter of application that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications and requirements of this position, and c) contact information for three professional references with Name, Title, Phone, and Email. Screening will begin immediately.
Applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations
For more information, contact: Kim Bornstein at email@example.com